Re: Squid NTLM authentication

From: Eric Stern <estern@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 12:27:28 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Andy Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
To: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@hem.passagen.se>
Cc: <squid-dev@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2000 10:23 AM
Subject: Re: Squid NTLM authentication

> Hello Henrik.
>
> > I haven't heard from you lately, or seen any commits of the stuff you
> > had written.
> >
> > How are things going?
>
> Personal circumstances have precluded doing any sort of coding recently.
>
> > There are demands on providing NTLM authentication
>
> Understood.
>
> > In my "reference" patch section I have a patch which changes request
> > processing to a design where it is quite obvious how to fix this.
>
> Cool. In that case, the solution would appear to be bashing the current
code
> into a state whereby multiple authentication schemes can co-exist
reasonably
> neatly. I will make time for this.

Just FYI,

NTLM authentication is on my list of things to do as well. It might even be
next, once I get this code to support transparent caching on NT finished.

I did a quick bit of research on it a while back, it looks like it won't be
too hard to rip out the relevant bits of Samba and cram it into an auth
module.

Eric Stern - Senior Product Developer - Industrial Code & Logic Inc. - (519)
249-0508
http://www.indcl.com http://www.cachexpress.com
--------
CacheXpress - Web caching doesn't have to be expensive!
CacheXpress cost-effective Appliances!
CacheXpress Server - build a cache server in 15 minutes!
CacheXpress for NT - high performance caching for NT/2000!
CacheXpress Director - Layer 4 switch functionality for less!