Re: commloops

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 20:31:36 +0800

On Sun, Jan 07, 2001, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Adrian Chadd wrote:
>
> > The trouble with commloops is that I need to find a clean way to
> > destroy deferred reads so the codebase becomes event-IO friendly.
> > Otherwise we end up with the same problems as I had with
> > kqueue and devpoll where the deferred reads started to lock the
> > CPU usage right up.
>
> Ok. I'll try to come up with some design where it fits.

Thanks! Once this is sorted out, both modio and commloops can
go ahead. (I'm debugging the seen_offset changes right now,
but once that is done I hit exactly the same problem as I have
with commloops with deciding when to accept server data..)

Thanks!

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"Here's five for the cake, and
<adrian@creative.net.au>	  five to buy a clue."