Re: auth_rewrite authenticate.c user_auth_hash_pointer usage

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 10:56:15 +1100

Right. The proxy_auth dlink is obsolete -
I thought I'd #ifdef GLOBALPROXYHEADERCACHE but obviosuly I haven't.
The point was to allow multiple references back to a single structure that need to be cleaned all at the same time.

Aliases: a single scheme's auth_user->scheme structure can potentially have aliases - multiple auth_user structures pointing at it
(and return different usernames). It's not supported by any of the current modules, and may need a little more API tweaking to work
fully. As far as memory usage goes - I was going off the fact that 10,000 users, will only use ~2M of memory.

I'm quite happy to memory-tune the code vs flexability though.

Rob