Re: Compile Error

From: WA Support <support@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:46:21 -0700

I may be way over my head here, but I am going to keep at this until I
understand what you are telling me here.

Robert Collins wrote:

> > I also have the code for my_alloc.c if that would be helpful.
> >
> > I just don't know where to go from here, so please excuse my flailing.
>
> The minimum changes would be to:
> * change all internal uses of alloc/malloc to xmalloc, free to cfree.
> * change any variables called free to something else - i.e. my_free.
> * change any functions likewise.

Where do I search for 'alloc/malloc' or 'free' in the MySQL code?
Everywhere, or just in my_alloc.c?

Do I look in all the #included files for my_alloc.c?

Do I need to modify src/Makefile.am and add my_alloc.c to the
squid_SOURCES list?

MySQL doesn't use a straight malloc or free as far as I can tell. It
appears that they redefine alloc, malloc, and free.

Am I asking to much of squid to be able to use mysql queries, or is it
just that I am too inexperienced to figure this out? All I want to do
in redirect.cc is check to see if a certain field called override_status
in a mysql record is ON or OFF.

Thanks again,
Murrah Boswell