Re: Dynamic content policy update

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 12:16:48 +0100

ons 2008-01-30 klockan 23:30 +1300 skrev Amos Jeffries:
> Adrian Chadd wrote:
> > I'm for it. Henrik suggested just "." (ie, everything) rather than
> > specifically doing cgi-bin and ? URLs; is there any particular reason
> > to have different "." vs "(cgi-bin|\?)" refresh pattern lines?
>
> Well, I for one was keeping it seperate since there is already a
> refresh_pattern for '.' and it has non-zero entries for some values.
>
> To keep with the RFC as Mark pointed out it MUST have default "0 0% 0"
> for dynamics, other GET/HEAD/POST are not so restricted for their defaults.
>
> Not a strong reason really to keep the default from being "0 0% 0". If
> others support the default idea then let it be so.

The default SHOULD NOT be 0 0% 0, only for query URLs.

The difference between the two
refresh_pattern (cgi-bin|\?) 0 0% 0
refresh_pattern . 0 20% 4320

is how Squid handles Last-Modified heuristics. The RFC explicitly do not
allow this on query URLs but encourages it in general.

Extending the query rule to also cover cgi-bin is quite fair, but not
required for RFC compliance.

Regards
Henrik