Re: What's in the NT branch

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:40:35 -0700

On Sun, 2008-02-24 at 21:26 +0100, Henrik Nordström wrote:
> Guido,
>
> what's actually in the NT branch today? Is it only the "makefiles", or
> is there any actual source changes which should not be merged to the
> main branch?
>
> If it's only the "makefiles" then I propose those are stored in the main
> branch (HEAD and SQUID_3_0) directly
>
> Looking at a diff...
>
> port directory tree with "makefiles" [generally OK]
>
> lib/getopt.c. Copy from NetBSD with a license incompatible with GPL.
>
> port/win32/src/encrypt.c. 56 bit DES encryption. Still under export
> control in some regoins of the world, but not really a problem. Could be
> in lib/ to support other platforms without crypt().
>
> port/win32/src/readdir.c. Unknown copyright or license.
>
> I don't see a good reason why the port tree cannot be in the main
> branch, except for the trivial reservations above...

FWIW, I asked Guido a related question and made a similar "sore in the
main branch" suggestion a few months(?) ago. At that time, Guido was
positive he needs Windows-specific branches; he explained why he thought
so. Please try to find that thread in the squid-dev archive for more
info so that Guido does not have to repeat himself.

Thank you,

Alex.