Re: HTCP enhancements

From: Benno Rice <benno_at_jeamland.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:36:46 +1000

On 27/08/2008, at 4:26 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> Benno Rice wrote:
>> The attached patch adds some enhancements to squid 2.HEAD's HTCP
>> support. These are:
>> - Properly process CLR requests.
>> - Allow peers to have no CLRs, only CLRs, or only CLRs not related
>> to PURGE requests sent to them.
>> - Allow CLRs to be forwarded to other peers.
>> I'm planning to commit this patch on Friday barring any objections.
>
> Can you submit them with the .patch extension please. My mailer
> can't handle .diff as text properly :-(

Done.

> Apart from that:
>
> cache_cf.c:
> htcp-no-clr needs to have the same fatal() check as htcp-only-clr
> in case users type them in the other order.

Fixed.

> as Henrik said, that clash needs documenting in cf.data.pre as well.

ITYM Adrian, but fixed nonetheless. =)

> htcpHandle:
> you have a few places there duplicating into new htcpHdr local
> variable. Is is not possible to use a pointer and zero-copy code?

That code isn't actually new code as such, I had to rearrange the
codepath somewhat to allow forwarding requests easily (ie, not having
to reconstitute it). Basically htcpHandle and htcpHandleData were
merged into one function so that we didn't lose the rest of the HTCP
request by the time we know what type of request it is.

Revised patch attached.

--
Benno Rice
benno_at_jeamland.net