Re: Intoductions

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 17:10:09 -0600

On 05/04/2009 08:31 AM, Chris Woodfield wrote:

> Sending the obligatory introduction message...I'm using squid in a
> commercial CDN environment, and as such am primarily interested in
> working to add features to squid for this purpose in reverse proxy mode.
> We're on the 2.x train.
>
> More specifically, some of the hot points from my perspective are:
>
> - Adding additional threading support - we're running multiple squid
> instances on multicore boxes, but would really like to not have to :/
>
> - HTTP 1.1 client side support
>
> - Adding features to control caching parameters (header munging,
> wildcard purge, ICAP/ECAP in v2)
>
> Will be sending in my first "real" patch shortly. :)

Hi Chris,

    Welcome and thank you for the patch!

The SMP project is already on the wish list and we are looking for
co-sponsors. Please see http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/SmpScale

HTTP/1.1 client side support has many small and big to-do items, of
course. Some of them depend on the client-side code restructuring
project, but some can be done in the current mess. For example, we have
just made a hack to support most chunked requests. More patches are
welcome, of course.

Please start planning your migration to Squid3. It would be insane to
work on SMP and ICAP/eCAP in Squid2, IMO. Squid3 will have decent disk
cache in v3.2 so now is a good time to make sure your other ducks are in
a row.

Thank you,

Alex.