Re: HTTP/1.1 to clients in 3.1.2?

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 05:34:30 +0200

sön 2010-05-02 klockan 14:31 +1200 skrev Amos Jeffries:

> In particular do you mean requests? as in chunked POST/PUT bodies.
> or responses to a request accepting chunks?

requests with a request entity sent using chunked encoding.

> > - Expect handling not in place
>
> You were the one who convinced me it was sufficient!

My error. Alex already enlightened me there.

> At least, after porting the 2.7 remainders, which was done in 3.1.1.

2.7 do not enable 1.1 by default on either side.

I am not very comfortable with enabling 1.1 by default towards clients
until

  - 1xx can be handled & signalled properly

  - server version cache implemented, enabling us to gett rid of most
411 & 417 cases

  - forwarding of chunked requests supported, with optional time & size
limited buffer + dechunk done after access controls (not before as
today). Primarily to avoid most 411 conditions if the next hop is of
unknown version.

Regards
Henrik