Re: icap protocal error

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 14:52:43 +1300

On 11/02/2013 7:57 p.m., raja wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while my traffic is going through squid proxy some times browsing becomes
> damn slow..after some time getting icap protocol error ..after few minutes
> able to browse again.Let me know if anybody have idea about this issue

Detected protocol errors cause the connection having errors to be closed
to protect against corruption. If the ICAP server errors on many
connections at once or within a short period there is a lot of work for
Squid to do to open new ones and re-try the failed messages before the
client responses may be handed back or new requests processed.

Look at what that protocol error *is* and investigate solving that.

Amos