Re: [PATCホ—] Quoted values in squid.conf

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 21:05:17 +0200

>> The only thing I would like to see differently implemented is the
>> syntax used to include files:
>> file(path) would be IMO easier to understand and less prone to
>> confusion than the proposed syntax.
>
> OK.
> But imagine in the future also the following syntax:
> file:/path/file
> system:/usr/local/squid/bin/my-squid-conf (to read from an executable
> stdout configuration options)
> http://hostname/cfgfile (to get from web page configuration)
>
> All the above can be implemented in the future...

Sure, I agree.

file(/path/file)
system(/some/executable)
http_get(http://hostname/file)

What I simply meant is that it is very customary for anyone who has
ever dabbled in any programming language to see a pattern where
name(...)
is either a funciton invocation, or a macro call

It's also a syntax that was never used in Squid, so it's not
encumbered by legacy.

Note: I'm not vetoing the syntax, just chiming in with a suggestion:I
am sure that there are excellent reasons for doing it like you
thought.

--
    /kinkie