Re: Pre-fetching some URLs

From: Ong Beng Hui <ongbh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 10:56:33 +0800 (SST)

> We're running a 900MB cache here. We peak at around a 25% hit-rate. We
> further try to improve things by having each subnet hub (we have nine
> subnet hubs connected to the central hub, which has the central proxy)
> also running a squid cache on whatever amount of disk-space they can
> spare. I imagine they are getting 'similar' hit-rates, and thus our
> overall percentage will actually be a bit higher.

Is there any plans to implement multiple caches such that
one cache sits on each subnet hub. The ultimate parent
will sit on the central hub.

Your hit rate on your child cache will not be high, the
overall percentage might be higher.

My configuration here is basically 5 caches sitting on
the FDDI ring and neighbor to each others. And there
are plans to add more caches.

*8)
Ong Beng Hui
ongbh@singnet.com.sg