Parent cache, changing service providers

From: Michael Pelletier <mikep@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 14:35:02 -0500 (EST)

My company will be switching over to the MCI DirectConnect internet
service in the next few weeks. What I'm wondering is how to change my
cache parent configuration to best fit this new topology. Before, it was
very simple -- one of our upstream providers (our ISP's regional
provider), had a cache on a network through which every one of our
Internet packets passed anyway, so becoming a child of that cache was
perfect.

Now, we're going to be quite close to MCI's backbone, and since MCI
doesn't have a cache server, it becomes a bit more ambiguous as to where a
parent would ideally be located. Could someone offer suggestions in this
respect? Thanks!

        -Mike Pelletier.