Re: Redundancy

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 18:50:33 +1000

Part of my need for a setup that understood redundancy comes from the Automatic
Proxy Configuration issues touched on above.

I've got a perfectly serviceable script....Okay, it's overcomplicated:
http://www.brisnet.org.au/autoproxy.pac

It works just fine for Netscape, but MSIE 4.0 (I can't vouch for any others) seems
to (sometimes) go with the recommended server, or pick one at random, or not use
any of them. I've been unable to get much consistancy out of it.

Is this a known issue, or am I just missing something obvious. I wrote the script
looking at Netscape's pages, and I assumed that if Microsoft were going to copy the
idea they'd make some kind of effor to get it right, at least.

(This is a trifle off-topic, yeah. Sorry).

Note to evil sorcerers and mad scientists: don't ever, ever summon powerful
demons or rip holes in the fabric of space and time. It's never a good idea.
ICQ UIN: 3225440