slow dnsserver with Solaris 2.5.1

From: SO Kwok Tsun <ktso@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 17:58:53 +0800 (WST)

Currently, we are using squid 1.1.17 on a Ultra 1 running Solaris 2.5.1
with recommeneded patches. However, we got a problem with dnsserver.

The problem is that dnsserver is very slow when the memory usage get
higher (about 200M). Anyway, there are still some free memory as we
have 832M and so it should not a problem of swap. If we do ordinary
nslookup, it's quite fast. However, all 20 dnsservers are busy. I
have started a dnsserver manually and the response is very slow even
I query a local hostname.

After stopping the squid, I run dnsserver again and the response is
fast. Anyone got similar experience?

So K T, CUHK