Hacking uses_host_header to only fetch from Accel.host

From: <pedward@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 16:05:59 -0700 (PDT)

I've got a problem here. I need the "uses_host_header" turned on so that
my virtually hosted content will be cached correctly. I however am doing
HTTP accelerator for a single server that hosts a bazillion domains, each
virtually hosted via the Host: header. I need to make squid connect
to the accelerator host, regardless of the what the HTTP/1.1 Host: hostname
resolves to. I've tried hacking the request->host, but I just end up
getting a cache entry that's labeled for the accellerator host.

So, is squid really as bad as I think it is in regards that there is no
single place where I can change it to get the data from the accel host,
but log to the cache the HTTP/1.1 Host: hostname?

I would greatly appreciate any pointers people could provide towards
finding the "right" place to do this.

Also, is there plans in the works to modularize Squid to be more like
Apache?

--Perry

--
Perry Harrington        System Software Engineer    zelur xuniL  ()
http://www.webcom.com  perry.harrington@webcom.com  Think Blue.  /\