Re: Solaris 2.6 tuning?

From: Shamil R. Yahin <sshy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 14:55:35 +0700 (NOVST)

On Mon, 27 Apr 1998, Charles wrote:

> We're just about to go live with Squid 1.1.21 on our network and I'm
> curious if there are any tuning parameters for Solaris 2.6 that might need
> adjusting such as file descriptors or shared memory?
> We have a Sun Ultra2/300 Dual processor, 512Mb RAM, and 27GB of disk.
>
> We are looking at a load high enough to keep a T1 saturated. I don't
> have any information on actual hit counts.
>
> Thanks
> Charles

I would like to subcribe to that question. We are also using
Solaris 2.5.1 and it seems that this OS requires some
complivated turning of TCP/IP stack parameters before it
begin to work properly with such networks applications like
Squid. Does someone have any experience with that?

Sincerely,
Shamil

Shamil R. Yahin -=*=- Email: sshy@nsu.ru
Novosibirsk State University Internet Center