Re: HOW TO avoid parent cache to query destination site

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 17:23:01 +0100

George Amaro wrote:

> - For the intranet site, the request should be issued direct, without using
> the parent.

always_direct can be used to instruct Squid that it should not use any
parents when fetching certain classes of objects.
   acl intranet dst 1.2.3.4/24
   always_direct allow intranet

> I've tested an ACL with allways_direct but it haven't worked!

If you are using 2.2.DEVELx prerelease then you may have to use
"prefer_direct on". Other than this there is no known problems with
always_direct.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker