Re: Optimum sizes for cache directories etc.

From: Bertold Kolics <bertold@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 12:46:24 +0000

Hi David,

David Nillesen wrote:
> Just curious, is there a FAQ available on optimum amount of first and
> second level directories to make?

I am not sure if this is in the FAQ, but there some talks about this on
squid-users.
So, you should check the squid-users archive.

> Is there a point where its more efficient to have 2 smaller partitions
> then 1 large one?

Yes, supposing that these partitions are (at least) on different disks.

> It would be nice to have a little formula where you just drop in
> your throughput and it spits out the best harddisk space and configuration
> for you.

There exists such formula. I have seen a paper on this topic, but
unfortunately the paper is in my office. I can send you the title/author
if you are interested.

Cheers,
Bertold

--
Bertold Kolics * Computer and Automation Research Institute * Hungary
E-Mail: Bertold.Kolics@sztaki.hu * Phone: +36-13497532 * Fax: