Re: Squid 2 - ?huh? why two ICP ports?

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 19:57:18 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 27 Mar 1999, Dancer wrote:

> Umm. This is assuming only one request per-second, however, is it not? I
> have a setup identical to this example, and each of the seven units is
> sending ~42 ICP requests per second.

My point exactly. If I have interpreted Oskar's math correctly, with one
ICP request per second _or more_ Digests win. These are all averages, of
course, but that's fine as far as the example goes.

> If it can be made smaller, that is (obviously) better. The current
> implementation suits me fine, however.

Small deltas will help people with low bandwidth connections, and they
will also allow for more frequent exchanges if one want to increase the
freshness of the data.

Alex.