ACL port question...

From: Jason Loucks <loucks@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 15:14:24 -0400

I did read the faq, I did try many combinations, but nothing worked, so here
goes:

I want to have 1 squid server (RH 6.0) that serves requests to NT
WorkStations running IE 5.0 . Without using authentication I want to give
different access levels to 4 different groups. I would also not prefer to
run ident on all the machines, so before I do that, I am asking you for
help.
This is what I tried to do:

http_port 3128 3129

acl opdomains techweb.com andrews.edu etc...
acl staffdomains cnn.com weathercenter.com etc...
acl opport port 3129
acl staffport port 3128

http_access allow opdomains #this would let through the basic
domains
http_access deny opport #this would block operators
from the rest
http_access allow staffdomains #so staff could see these
http_access deny staffport #no
http_access deny all

Than on the NT machine, I will lock it down so that operators browsers can
be changed from the squid box on port 3129... Does that make sense?

Hope what I am trying to do isn't too confusing. If anyone can help (or has
a free ident server for windows nt). Please let me know. You can email me
direct at the address below or just reply to the list.

--Jason

loucks@aim.andrews.edu Jason A. Loucks
Computer Support 616-471-6067
Adventist Information Ministry