reverse proxy / load balancing

From: <ricardo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 11:48:33 EDT

Hi everyone,

I searched around the archive and found one message dealing with reverse
proxy as a load balancer but did not find a reply...

Can squid be used efficiently as a front-end load balancer for multiple web
servers? If so can anyone help me out in how to configure such a thing?

I'd like to have a squid front-end where itself would be used as a cache for
static pages and images, and for dynamic/cgi requests it would load balance
between a set of back-end servers...

How can I achieve that with squid?

Thanks for any help!
Ricardo