Re: (no-digest -> no-query) incompatible with keep-alive?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 16:55:41 +0200

David J N Begley wrote:

> Having run for just over two weeks after converting some peers from
> "no-digest" to "no-query" (ie., using cache digests exclusively, no ICP), it's
> clear that something's "not quite right" on the persistent connection side of
> Squid when using CDs as opposed to ICP for peering (maybe it's just my
> expectations/understanding - either way I could use an explanation or
> confirmation/denial from other experiences).

Is this a parent or a sibling relation?

If it is a sibling relation then you may be experiencing problems with
false hits. It is clear that the current digest generation is
sub-optimal withrespect to which objects is beinging included in the
digest. False hits is considered by Squid as an error, and currently any
errors causes the connection to be non-persistent.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker