Re: squid and autoconfig

From: Igor Sysoev <maillist@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 19:55:22 +0400

Julian Richardson wrote in message ...

>>>I used it with NN 3.x, 4.x, IE 3.02, 4.01, 5.0.
>
>where is the autoconfig URL set for IE 3.02? I can go into the internet
>settings screens under the control panel on NT, but the closest thing I
>can see is something that references "automatic configuration"under the
>"advanced" tab. However, the text with that implies that the autoconfig
>URL there configures all of IE, not just the proxy settings! Or is it
>just bad wording on Micro$oft's part?

You can safely specify here URL with your NN javascript .pac file.

Otherwise you can specify URL with .ins file that should have
MIME-type "application/x-internet-signup" and can contain
many IE configurations parameters and proxy configuration
in particular:

[URL]
AutoConfig=1
AutoConfigJSURL=http://you.server/autoproxy.pac