proxy not responding

From: Krzywicki, Alan <Alan.Krzywicki@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 14:14:31 -0500

Hi Ya'll

I have setup squid on a private network and am trying to get it to let me
talk to an internal HTTP server. Once I do this then I'll add the external
tags. So far I have had no luck, all I get is a message from MSIE browser:

        This page cannot be displayed

I can ping the server, as well as doing other operations. At the bottom of
the browser I notice that it displays the address of the proxy, as if it is
connecting, but then nothing ... just the message above.

I looked a the log files there are no unexpected messages.

Is there any way I can get a message from the proxy to display in the
browser to make sure the proxy is working? Any other ideas?

Attached is the 'squid.conf' file

Thanks ... Alan K.