Re: accelerator and squid-2.2.STABLE5.ignore_host_header.patch

From: Miquel van Smoorenburg <list-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: 26 Jan 2000 10:11:00 GMT

In article <cistron.388EA19E.F9BF8DD9@zing.com>,
Jayme Cox <jcox@zing.com> wrote:
> I've got a farm of squid servers that are accelerating a farm of apache web
>servers. We are in the process of setting up the Apache servers as Virtual
>hosts and I'd like to pass the Host: header to the Apache servers.
> When I applied the below patch to squid 2.2 or the one that Henrik
>Nordstrom supplied for squid 2.3 I see a _very_ noticible slowdown. Is it
>because of the need to lookup Config.Accel.host for each request? Any other way
>to accomplish this?

My patch is only suitable for the following situation:

- the accelerator is not running on the same box as the web server
- you want to set httpd_accel_host to just one origin server
- AND you want to turn on httpd_accel_uses_host_header

We're only accelerating one webserver that does name based virtual
hosting. The IP number of that server is set with httpd_accel_host
(not a hostname, just the IP) and `httpd_accel_uses_host_header on'
makes sure the Host: header is passed to the apache server

I'm not sure what you are trying to do

Mike.

Reply to the list or to miquels@cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg)