redirector for squid using ftpsearch [was: Further work for TF-CACHE?]

From: Raul Rivero <rivero@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 19:12:24 +0100

> [deleted]
>
>> How does the evolving replication/mirror early deployment shape up in
>> our context?
>
>If you mean Mirror Tracker it is in its late beta stage. Next version is
>on feature freeze for a week and on next Monday I hope to release it.
>
>> Are anyone doing work they would like to share?

In our University we have installed a FTPSearch server and i was
thinking about using that information for redirection with Squid.

Now, we have a very simple PERL script installed which redirects all
FTP request and queries the FTPSearch server. What can i say?
Well, it works :).

From last december, we are using it in our production proxy/cache
system. We have 2.5M request per day so ... we are happy with
that script.

You can get more information at:
        http://www.si.uniovi.es/software/ftpsearch-redirect/

Regards.

--
Raul Rivero                           | Univ. de Oviedo               |
rivero@si.uniovi.es                   | Edif. Historico - Aula Clarin |