Re: ftp accessing

From: Clifton Royston <cliftonr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:21:31 -1000

On Mon, Mar 13, 2000 at 04:55:44PM +0200, R.Ilker Gokhan wrote:
> Martin, thanks for your help.
> a)I 've already set Ftp proxy in our browser.
> b)I don't understand exactly. How can I set the firewall to redirect
> outgoing requests to ports 21 to port 3128 on the squid box?

If you want other (non-browser) FTP clients to go through your proxy
server, this will not work. Squid can only proxy FTP sites through the
HTTP protocol, via proxy-aware browsers.

You can redirect port 21 to port 3128, but that will just confuse both
the FTP clients and Squid. You need to install a specialized FTP
proxy instead.

  -- Clifton

--
 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr@lava.net
      The named which can be named is not the Eternal named.