Re: Minor Problems

From: Michael Ju. Tokarev <mjt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 23:04:42 +0300

> Duwayne Engelhardt wrote:
>
> I have had two minor problems using Squid and I cannot find anything in the FAQs that cover this:
>
> Problem #1: My users can complete web form pages, but the system does not let them submit them through the Proxy Server. Is this an Access Control problem, protocol problem, or what? How do I enable this? The proxy server is also acting as a Firewall, e-mail, and web server.

At least some messages, logs, etc, etc. From your words, I can suggest you
check if your squid's machine and user's one are turned on first :)
If this is an acl problem, your users will get appropriate error message from squid.

> Problem #2: If the system has to be shut down, I have to manually restart Squid. It does not self-start when the Linux server boots. Are there some misplaced/missing script files, and if so, what are they and where do they belong?

If you using some linux distro, get compiled squid package from your favorite mirror,
and use scripts from there. Or check your distribution manual on how to enable/disable
services at startup.

> Duwayne Engelhardt
> Technology Director
> Wallis State Bank
> (979) 478-6159
> Fax: (979) 478-6502
> 6510 Railroad Street
> Wallis, TX 77485

Hey, why you requested Return-Receipt-To !?