Re: very urgent help required !! please

From: Ahsan Khan <ahsank@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 12:38:45 +0500

Dear Parshant,

        The reason for dieing the squid is that you must have specified that size of cache_dir in squid.conf much bigger then the Original size of the filesystem Like if I have the 9 GB hd and its formatted and become 8.6 GB so my cache_dir size is 8GB not 8.6. Its no Standard But safe. Or This could be Problem of squid2.3 Stable release which is infect not stable till now, Please check squid home page for details.

I will recommend you that if you are facing one or more problems with this then use 2.2 stable or apply the patches available from squid home page.

swapt.stat file is located in your cache_dir and its unique for every cache dir.

I will suggest that you should remove all the cache if possible and recreate the filsystem by unmounting them and then use mkfs to recreate them. after that mount them again and run squid -z and then restart squid.

Moreover user cachemgr.cgi to find out the current status of your disk & cache,

With Regards
Ahsan Khan
Sr. System Admin
Internet Division (OneNet)