NTLM Auth through squid

From: Lee Shakespeare <lee@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 10:45:31 +0100

Hi Folks.

I'm having a problem getting IIS NTLM style authentication working
through a squid proxy. I'm using IE (of course) and Squid/2.2.STABLE3.
Instead of the user / password dialogue I get a nasty HTTP 401 error
from the IIS server saying that logon failed.

While I don't expect Squid to know about MS embrace and extend
protocols, I would have thought the WWW-Authenticate: header could pass
straight through? Maybe I'm being naive, I haven't exactly found a lot
of information on how NTLM works over HTTP. :(

Should NTLM Authentication work through Squid?

Thanks for you help.
 Lee.

--
Lee Shakespeare   :   lee@webfoundry.co.uk