Question on multiple proxy usage

From: Robert P. Fries <rpfries@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 18:24:17 -0400

Our corporation already uses Gauntlet (http_gw) to control access to the
internet. All of our users' browsers boint to their proxy server.

The corporation doesn't keep access logs (or at least we never see them) so
we'd like to use our own proxy to track usage in our division.

I'm not really interested in settion up our own ACLs, just the logging of
where people are going.

Is this possible with Squid (or any other products)? The problem I see is
that I'd have to point my users to my Squid proxy, so they are not
authorized to go through the gauntlet one at the corporate level.

I guess I need a totally transparent setup - one that passes each user's
info to the main Gauntlet firewall, while still performing the logging, etc
at the local level.

Any ideas?

---
Robert P. Fries