Re: [SQU] Upgrading Squid and keeping cached objects.

From: Andrew Lowe <alowe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 14:38:26 +1000 (EST)

there were some issues with squid upgrading prior to version 2, but since
version 2 all squid cached files can be moved, copied, or otherwise
re-used and abused in general...

HOWEVER prior to version 2 an upgrade ment loosing your cached files...
which could be worth lotsa $$$ so upgrading was a bad thing, but if you
have version 1.x.x then it is best to upgrade anyway... squid has gotten
better

Andrew Lowe
andrew@pccentre.com.au
        The South Coast Professional Computing Centre
                + Hislora Website Hosting & Design
                + Daly & Daly Computer Training
                + Flatearth Internet Cafe
        Ph: 02 4423 7771