Re: [SQU] Need Info . . .

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 11:39:37 +0100

Bryan Campbell wrote:

> All the appropriate stuff is working. However, the transparent
> configuration options are no longer the same in this rev of Squid
> (2.4.PRE-STABLE2).

That is because the option is a new thing. Support for Linux-2.4
netfilter/iptables does not exists in earlier Squids.

> --enable-linux-netfilter . . . I assume this is necessary. But, will I
> need to use the iptables redirection commands, or are there any other
> changes that should be made.

You will still need the iptables redirection commands. The enable flag
is only to make Squid play well together with netfilter/iptables.
Without it, squid won't know the real intended destination IP address of
certain requests (those without a Host header).

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker