[squid-users] Poor AsyncIO Performance

From: William Wishon <bill.wishon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 18:41:41 -0800

I had been running squid without asyncio until recently. I wanted to see if
turning it on would help increase squid's performance. But when I turned on
asyncio my response time to cache hits went from averaging about 40ms to
about 110ms. My setup is this:

Slackware Linux 7.1
Squid2.3-STABLE
cache_dir is an 8Gig reiserfs partition.
the number of filedescriptors has been raised to 8192.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the possible reasons for a decrease in
performance would be after turning on asyncio?

-Bill