Re: [squid-users] Reverse caching expiry options

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 00:11:56 +0100

Don't think Squid will really do what you want there. Sounds more like
you are after a HTTP server replication than a cache based accelerator.

The beauty (and drawback) of cache based accelerators is that it is
driven by the request stream, with content put on the accelerator by
demand. The drawback is however that you have no guarantee that the
content is in the cache, and that there is a large number of operations
the client might do which probits the use of a cache..

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker