[squid-users] Please help need to close open proxy

From: Mark Wagner <mark@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 09:17:19 -0800

My Company is using squid to help accellerate and secure our website,
our website runs on windows but the squids are linux.

Here is the situation:

    webserver (private ip space)

       |_____________________
        | |
        | |
      Squid box Squid Box (both public IPs)

DNS is setup to round robin to the ip addresses of the 2 squid boxes.

How can I setup an access list that will allow only requests for our
web site to be retrived by squid??

right now it will retrive anything.... but it is storing a cached version
of our website locally to speed up delivery of our website.

I need every one in the world to be able to access our site... but I
only want them to be able to access our site.

I think part of the problem I'm running into is what do I say is an
allowable request??? cuase they are not gonna request the private IP
space.

Please Help...

Thank you for your time.

Mark

Mark Wagner                                   Phone - (510) 683-9681
Database Administrator                             mark@oralinux.org
*     www.oralinux.org    www.orasolaris.org    www.orant.org      *
*          Dark Oracle of the Sysadmin Sith Darth SYSDBA           *
the shit ain't over till the last record spins.......