Re: [squid-users] cache size and one other problem

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 08:36:30 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Brian Møller wrote:

> Hey there
>
> I'm having squid 2.4.stable2 running under Redhat Linux 7.2 on a Dual P3 1
> Ghz with 3 gb Ram.
>
> In squid.conf i have currently set squid to use 700 mb om memory. Before
> that it was running with 900 mb and it startet to swap. How come ? what I
> have read and understod squid is only supposed to use 2 to 3 times what you
> set it to in squid.conf.

How have you "set squid to use 700 mb om memory"? If you have "cache_mem
700" then I suspect that's your problem. Someone more experienced will
probably tell you it should be much smaller. A searh of the list archives
will probably give you more information. The archives can be found from
www.squid-cache.org under "Mailing Lists".

Colin

--
Colin Campbell