[squid-users] R: [squid-users] Proxying also FTP or not?

From: Boniforti Flavio <boniforti.f@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 11:54:09 +0100

> > Is it a good thing to force my LAN clients to pass through
> my proxy for FTP
> > or not???
>
> Most likely not as Squid is not a FTP proxy and thus do not
> support all
> aspects of FTP, only what can be represented using URL's and
> basic HTTP
> methods.
>
> A FTP client cannot be used via Squid. Only HTTP clients can use Squid
> (i.e. web browsers), and only when configured to use Squid as a proxy
> for FTP.

OK, so I should install a second proxy only for FTP requests, right?

Is there a way to concatenate this one with squid, so that squid turns FTP
requests directly to the FTP proxy? And, btw, do you know some good FTP
proxy???

My goal is to lead all Internet traffic through some sort of proxy, mostly
HTTP (squid) and FTP.

Thanx again!