[squid-users] Squid For Blocking Pop-ups

From: Brian Jones <b.jones@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:34:13 -0500

Hi.

I'm just looking at a few options now for safer surfing. I've used a few
products like The Proxomitron, pop-up stopper, etc. but I'd like to have
another machine handle all of this stuff (so I don't have to run another
program on my surfing machine). So, I'm looking at setting up a proxy.

My question is, can Squid be configured to block pop-up ads? If so, is
anyone aware of a sample config somewhere that would show how to do this? I
didn't see anything at the squid-cache.org site.

Also, is anyone else using squid for this sort of purpose and having good
luck with it?

Thanks - Brian.