Re: [squid-users] Testing ldap_auth

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 07:59:12 +0100

Right.. the comment is still there. My error.

You should follow what the man page says, not the comments in the
source. But setting it in the source like you did also works for the
moment even if it not how you are meant to set the basedn any more..

From your description of the LDAP directory it sounds like the basedn
for finding your users is ou=People,o=thiess.com.au,o=isp, but see
the man page for a full discussion on the different modes Squid
ldap_auth can operate in. In short, the basedn for Squid ldap_auth
should be the DN under where all users is located. Also, if your
users are in sub-trees below that DN or if the login name is not part
of the users DN then you need to use the search mode (does not seem
to be the case for you)

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer