Re: [squid-users] squid & md5

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 06:57:26 +1100

===
----- Original Message -----
From: "Duane Wessels" <wessels@squid-cache.org>

> > I have to use MD5 because another server already uses it
> > and I'd like to have the same users and passwords.
> >
> > Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
>
> You're referring to HTTP digest authentication.
>
> You'll need to use version 2.5 and use the
> --enable-digest-auth-helpers=password option
> I think.

And the --enable-auth/--enable-authentication="digest" option (only
basic is enabled by default).

> I doubt there is much documentation other than the
> source code you'll find in src/auth/digest

Also available: The programmers Guide chapter on the authentication
framework, the squid.conf entries that describe what options there are
for tuning digest authentication, and the password.c source which
describes the request format and the data file format.

Rob