[squid-users] transparent proxy not working

From: N.g <faisal1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 17:36:39 +0500

Hello all,
I am pretty confused at what i am missing from the following config for
the transparent proxy to work. I am using RH 7.2 with the built in
iptables and squid.
Here is what i have done uptil now

configured squid with

httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_with_proxy on
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

enabled ip_forward by the command :
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

enabled iptables rule by the command :

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
--to-port 8080

on the router interface (ethernet) i have the following:

ip policy route-map proxy-redirect

The acl for this is

access-list 110 deny tcp any any neq www
access-list 110 deny tcp host x.x.x.x any ( where x.x.x.x is my squid
proxy IP)
access-list permit tcp any any

route-map proxy-redirect permit 10
match ip address 110
set ip default next-hop x.x.x.x ( where x.x.x.x is my squid proxy IP)

After all this at squid box the output of iptables -vL shows an increase
of packets every time in type the command. iptables -t nat -L also shows
the above implement ipnat rule.. But the squid access.log does not show
any request coming to it.

Can anyone point out where am wrong?? I will be really greatful.

Regards,

--
n.g