RE: [squid-users] Squid+IP chains ---> No working Java chats.

From: José Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa <icamargo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 10:49:51 +0400 (GMT-4)

Hi!

Thanks for your answer, I have had this problem so long, that I have installed
a Windows server with WinRoute (I don't really like it, but at least the chats
works)

Mensaje citado por: "Jose Nathaniel G. Nengasca" <joenats@sscrmnl.edu.ph>:

> Do a test on your ipchains, you should check whether your masquerading
> is working perfectly.

I'm not sure what do you mean. I tried this: disable squid (at level of the
browsers), test the problematic pages. Result: They worked very well (with
the typical slowness of a shared dialup connection, but three persons chatted
at the site for about 1 hour with no hang).

Is there any other way to test if the masquerading is working perfectly?

Once again, thanks for your answer, sincerely,

Ildefonso Camargo
icamargo@einstein.unet.edu.ve
ildefonso_camargo@yahoo.com