Re: [squid-users] Same problem squid generates more req Please help

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 21:35:56 -0600

Fine. And I'm telling you that ping has nothing to do with Squid--a
longer ping time through the box that happens to run Squid means that
the box is misconfigured in some way (not Squid, though Squid may have
problems as well but a long ping doesn't tell you anything about Squid).
  Until you have addressed the problem of the box being misconfigured
I'm not going to guess about why you're seeing more traffic out than in.
  You could have any number of routing issues, DNS problems, etc.

What I'm saying, Jack, is this: Given the information you have given
us, you definitely have a network problem. You /might/ have a Squid
problem. But we can't know whether you have a Squid problem, and
neither can you, until you solve the network problem. Fix your network
problem, and /then/ find out if your seeing the same behavior.

(Subliminal hint: tcpdump, route, host and traceroute are your friends...)