Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.3 Stable 5 logfile problem

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 12:11:54 +0100

HI,

Il 03.35 26/02/2002 Greg Darby ha scritto:
>Hi,
>
>Can anyone advise how to fix a "non" rotating logfile in a Squid 2.3 Stable5
>installation.
>
>I have tried the squid -k rotate and it does nothing. No error reports, no
>nothing. I look at the cache.log and access.log and they do not change, even
>after several days. The access.log is now approaching 100MB. Is there a safe
>way to delete and recreate the file?
>
>By the way, It a ported version of Squid to NT4. (yes, circumstances permit
>the use of Linux in this installation)
>
>Regards,

As You can read on http://www.serassio.it/SquidNT.htm, the syntax for
rotate is something different:

squid -n servicename [-f configfile] -k rotate

Because SquidNT can support multiple service instances, you MUST always
specify the service name and eventually the config file.

Please note:

I have received some strange reports about problems with the command line
switches order, so if You have some problems, please try to change the
order and let me to know about.

Guido

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
E-mail: guido.serassio@serassio.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it