Re: [squid-users] InterScan and Squid

From: Michael Kondrashin <mkondrashin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 18:19:31 +0300

> I use Client -> Squid ->Interscan -> Internet. Works well.
>
> If you need to "hide" the interscan, do Client -> Squid -> Interscan ->
> non-caching Squid.
This configuration is not officially recommended, but it should work.
If you use InterScan on Linux it can act as non-caching proxy by itself.

> There may be some performance benefits to the latter as well if it's a big
> pipe. I feel squid is more efficient at pulling the data down - strictly
> subjective though, I have done no real tests.
I'm not sure with that.

Another solution is to use proxy authentication. Auth. requests pass through InterScan and user names are logged in squid log.

Best regards,
Michael Kondrashin

Happy to Strike with Viruses!

Technical Support Team
Applied Logistics Ltd. - Moscow Russia.
Complete Virus Protection for the Enterprise
Tel: (095)955-5185 Fax: (095)954-7265
Email: support@apl.ru WEB: http://www.apl.ru/support.htm
Find answer to your technical problem at http://solutionbank.antivirus.com