[squid-users] Hotmail Still

From: <hoatsonr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:10:54 -0500

Posting again because I haven't solved my hotmail.com problem which is
preventing me from deploying squid.

Running on Squid 2.4 Stable4 on Freebsd 4.5-Release. Added gre patches,
gre.c and recompiled the kernel with GRE, IPFIREWALL and IPFIREWALL_FORWARD
options.

Currently, I am only pointing my browser at the squid box on port 3128 for
testing but will deploy with wccp/interception caching when I work this
problem out.

The problem I am having is when logging into, out of, composing mail, etc on
hotmail.com.
Example: after logging in to hotmail, when I click 'inbox' it appears I get
no response and squids access.log shows no activity. In reality, if I wait
about 2 minutes the pages come up and access.log updates.

I have the following no_cache entries in squid.conf:

acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
acl hotmail dstdomain .hotmail.com
acl msn dstdomain .msn.com
acl passport dstdomain .passport.com
no_cache deny QUERY
no_cache deny hotmail
no_cache deny msn
no_cache deny passport

I also have the following configured while testing in anticipation of
interception caching:
http_port 3128
httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_with_proxy on
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

I sincerely appreciate any help offered.
Robert Hoatson