Re: [squid-users] R: [squid-users] Windows Update Problem

From: Andrew Farr <A.Farr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 11:14:52 -0000

I don't know for sure about HTTP 1.1 support in Squid, but I assume that it
is present as I have no problems with Windows Update.

You could try turning on "Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections" under
"HTTP 1.1 Settings" in the Advanced tab of Internet Properties. I've had it
turned on all the time I've been using Squid with no problems.

The attached .reg file will do this, but bear in mind that it's from a Win98
PC running IE 6 and may not work correctly on other OSs or earlier versions
of IE. You may also need to restart to have IE recognise the external change
to the registry.

Regards,
Andrew Farr.