[squid-users] Cisco settings

Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 15:09:38 +0100

Hi people,

I know that this is not quite on topic but here goes....

I have now set up Squid to work as a transparent proxy. Works like a dream
and you guys really helped me resolve thes issues in getting there. Thanks!

Now what I would like to do is route my ADSL users to automatically go
through my cache.

I have a Cisco 7000 series router running IOS 12.0 the ADSL traffic comes
in via an ATM connection from our Telco, then if the destination is local it
is sent to our network, if it is destined to the Net it is routed back out
of the ATM.

What I want to do, is route the traffic that is destined to the Net to FIRST
hit my Squid box, which will then pass it out to the net.

Can u suggest where I can have a setp by step guide to do this?

Thanks